studioQ Saturdays and Access Ensembles
studioQ's mission is to nurture the next generation of performance professionals and to equip young performers with the skills to launch themselves into a multi-discipline creative world. We are proud to be a part of Western Sydney's vibrant arts community and especially proud of our work with the youth of the region.
At studioQ we offer industry-standard actor training for young people ages 5 - 25 years as well as workshops for people with disabilities through our Access Ensemble. Full details of our courses, including enrolment information, term dates and fees can be found on the menu to the right.
We strive to:
• Provide students from all walks of life with a Performance Education which will equip them for
careers in the Entertainment Industry or for further study in the Performing Arts,
• Give students access to professional tutors who are practicing artists with a wealth of industry
experience to share,
• Provide a friendly, supportive environment for students to nurture and share creative ideas,
• Introduce students to different performance disciplines from around the world,
• Develop in our students an understanding of best industry practice, the power of the
ensemble and the practicalities of theatrical production,
• Give students the chance to perform their own work on the Q Theatre stage, upon which
Bell Shakespeare, Circus Oz and many of Australia’s premier touring companies regularly
As well as delivering a quality performing arts education, participating in studioQ provides a fun and supportive environment in which young people can learn to express creative ideas, gain confidence and interpersonal skills, learn about movement and the benefits of staying fit and expand their creative horizons in every direction.
Another source of immense pride for us is our Access Ensemble for people with disabilities. Access Participants meet every week to experience the joys and creative challenges of performing. Classes in acting, music and movement encourage participants to get active, imaginative and expressive in a friendly, supportive and stimulating creative environment.